EPIC Major & EPIC Minor
All EPIC students are recognized on the graduation program and have the EPIC endorsement seal on their diploma.
In addition, EPIC Majors will receive their EPIC sash at the Honors Day program to be worn during the graduation ceremony.
EPIC Minors complete the honors (or AP) level core curriculum through Honors Physics and at least Honors Pre-Calculus in addition to their EPIC pathway requirements.
EPIC Majors complete the honors (or AP) level core curriculum through AP Calculus and the AP pairing for their pathway in addition to their EPIC pathway requirements.
- To offer students an opportunity to explore careers specifically in the field of Engineering, Biomedical, and Computer Science.
- To offer a strong math & science scope and sequence for all students, with a specific Pathway for EPIC students to prepare them for college math/science majors.
- To provide options to students to insure that EPIC offers a valuable instructional experience to enrich students at all levels.
- To serve the community by preparing graduates striving for math/science excellence.
- To utilize community resources to insure a full and well-rounded experience for EPIC students, including a career component.
- The program began in 2004 with only 16 students. Many of those students have now graduated college with engineering degrees.
- Nearly one-third of Davidson's students are participating in one of the EPIC pathways.
- The average ACT score for EPIC students is a 28.