Engineering Pathways Integrated Curriculum (EPIC)
Phone: (251) 221-3084
- To offer students an opportunity to explore careers specifically in the field of Engineering, Biomedical, and Computer Science.
- To offer a strong math & science scope and sequence for all students, with a specific Pathway for EPIC students to prepare them for college math/science majors.
- To provide options to students to insure that EPIC offers a valuable instructional experience to enrich students at all levels.
- To serve the community by preparing graduates striving for math/science excellence.
- To utilize community resources to insure a full and well-rounded experience for EPIC students, including a career component.
- The program began in 2004 with only 16 students. Many of those students have now graduated college with engineering degrees.
- Nearly one-third of Davidson's students are participating in one of the EPIC pathways.
- The average ACT score for EPIC students is a 28.