The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
For more information about the IB organization, visit www.ibo.org.
DHS Pre-IB Applicants:
1. Complete Academy Application
2. Complete one on-site writing sample
3. Non-MCPSS students - submit transcript & test scores to email@example.com
What do you need to know about the writing sample?
- We will provide you with 2 prompts but you only have to respond to 1 of them
- You will have a maximum of 30 minutes and front and back of one page to respond
- You do not need any specific knowledge in order to respond to the prompts (they are personal questions)
- We will consider your score on the writing sample holistically along with your grades, standardized test scores, and resume (as provided online)
- To see dates and times for available writing samples, please go to the Prospective Student tab.
Lydia Edmonds IB Coordinator