MAPS: Multiple Academic Pathways to Success
MAPS is an exciting new academic program at DHS.
Students who complete the MAPS program will be preparing for college and career goals. In order to complete the program, students must take the Career Prep course in the 9th grade and three additional MAPS electives.
We have three MAPS Academies each with multiple pathways to choose; the three required courses are listed below each of them.
1. MAPS - Human Services
- NJROTC Leadership
- Business, Management & Administration
- BTA, Advanced BTA & Multi-Media Publication/Design
- Criminal Justice
- Contemporary Issues, Sociology (or Forensics), Psychology
- Food, Wellness & Dietetics
- Family & Consumer Science (FACS), Chemistry of Food, Dietetics
- Marketing Principles, Sports Marketing & Commerce Communications
- Sports Marketing
- Sports Officiating, Sports Marketing & Athletic Training
2. MAPS - Liberal Arts
- Art (Art 1, 2 & 3)
- Band (Band 1, 2 & 3)
- Chorus (Chorus 1, 2 & 3)
- Dance (Dance 1, 2 & 3)
- Theater (Theater 1, 2 & 3)
- Southern Fiction or Shakespeare, Mythology & Creative Writing
3. MAPS - Engineering
- Architecture & Construction
- Intro to Drafting, Intermediate Drafting & Advanced Drafting or Intro to Architecture
- Applied Engineering
- Intro to Drafting, Environmental Science & MAWSS
Students will select their MAPS pathway at the end of their ninth grade year.